Effective: May 1, 2023
This policy covers the treatment and use of information that is collected by Howse Implement through your use of the Site.
2. WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
The Site collects various information about you, including information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. In particular, the Site may have collected information within the following categories from consumers within the last 12 months for the following purposes (see “How my information is used by Howse Implement?” below for more details):
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
(B) Personally identifiable information
A name, signature, address, year or month of birth, household information, telephone number, email address, credit card or other payment information, or any other similar information. Some information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
(C) Internet or other similar network activity
Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
(D) Geolocation data
Physical location or movements.
(E) Inferences drawn from other personal information
Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Howse Implement does not collect information that consists of:
- a. Sensitive personal information such as social security numbers, driver’s license numbers, bank account numbers, or other similar information.
- b. Protected classification characteristics such as race, color, ancestry, national origin, or similar immutable characteristics.
- c. Biometric information such as genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics.
- d. Sensory data such as audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- e. Professional or employment-related information from consumers other than applicants, employees, business owners, directors, officers, medical staff, or contractors of Howse Implement.
- f. Non-public education information.
Howse Implement obtains the categories of information listed in the table above from the following categories of sources:
- a. Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete.
- b. Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Site.
- c. Social media companies when you link to them from the Site.
3. HOW IS MY INFORMATION COLLECTED?
We collect certain information when you provide us your information on the Site. We may ask you to register and/or provide information when you visit certain areas of our Site, such as if we provide a members section or commenting capabilities. If you choose not to register, you may not have access to areas that require registration. We may receive information, including information about you from other sources, such as publicly available sources, if you connect to social media platforms or other third-party data providers, such as analytics, audience identification, and demographics providers, and combine that with information we receive from you.
If you use a device with Global Positioning System (“GPS”) or other location detection functionality, then we may collect precise information about the location of your device during your use of the Site.
4. HOW IS MY INFORMATION USED BY HOWSE IMPLEMENT?
Howse Implement may use, sell, or disclose information we collect for one or more of the following categories of purposes:
- a. Service Delivery and Support:
- a. To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information or ask a question about the Site, we will use that information to respond to your inquiry;
- b. To attempt to detect and reduce fraud and other illegal activities or threats to the safety, security, or integrity of the Site;
- c. To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Site;
- d. To create, maintain, customize, and secure an account with us, if any; and
- e. To send periodic messages with marketing and order information.
- b. Research and Development:
- a. To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Site; and
- b. To create, maintain, customize, and secure an account with us, if any.
- c. Marketing:
- a. To send periodic messages, via mobile, twitter, email, or other platforms, with content updates, subscription information, and order information; and
- b. To offer contests or promotions that are sponsored by Howse Implement or another company.
- d. Compliance & Operations:
- a. To attempt to detect and reduce fraud and other illegal activities or threats to the safety, security, or integrity of the Site;
- b. To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations; and
- c. To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Howse Implement's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Howse Implement about the Site’s users is among the assets transferred.
- e. To fulfill or complete any other purpose or function described to you when collecting your information.
5. WHO DOES HOWSE IMPLEMENT SHARE INFORMATION WITH?
Subject to applicable law, we may disclose information about you to the following categories of recipients:
- a. “Consultants and Service Providers” include various third parties and other businesses that support the Site’s functions and operations, including:
- a. Security and fraud prevention consultants;
- b. Hosting and other technology and communications providers (including internet service providers, operating systems and platforms, commenting tools, mailing services and consent management platforms);
- c. Site data analytics providers; and
- d. Customer relationship management and customer support providers (including mailing list managers).
- b. Other users (where you post information publicly or as otherwise necessary to effect a transaction initiated or authorized by you).
- c. Other parties if authorized by you.
- d. Other parties as required by law (such as law enforcement or other governmental entities).
As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets, and, depending upon the transaction, your information may be one of the transferred assets. In the event that the Howse Implement Site is acquired by another company, your information may be part of the assets transferred to the acquiring party.
6. WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS TO CONTROL THE USE OF MY INFORMATION?
Personal Information Sales Opt-Out
We do not sell your personal information other than in connection with a business transaction involving the sale of the Site.
Promotional Communications Opt-Out
Location Sharing Opt-Out
You may opt-out of allowing us to have any access to your precise location data by disabling your device’s location detection functionality or GPS or, if possible on your device, disabling permission for our Site to access such location detection functionality or GPS.
Deletion Request Rights
You may request that Howse Implement delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is permitted under applicable law.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above as permitted under state law, please submit a request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
7. TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES
The Site is based in the United States, and are directed to U.S. residents, and we process and store information in the U.S.If you are located outside the U.S., we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access to your information in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
8. CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Site is a general audience site and not directed to children under the age of 13. Howse Implement respects the privacy of parents and children and is committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and applicable state law. Howse Implement does not collect personal information from individuals who identify themselves as under the age of 13.
9. HOWSE IMPLEMENT’S DATA SECURITY DISCLAIMER.
We do not provide any guarantee or warranty by us that your information will not be accessed or compromised by third parties, or that we will use all available security technologies to prevent unauthorized access to, use, or disclosure of your personally identifying information; or that your information will be transmitted without unauthorized interception or modification. We may permanently delete or destroy any and all information at any time as determined by us.
10. HOW DO I UPDATE MY INFORMATION?
You can help Howse Implement by notifying us if you change your address, phone number, email address, or other information. If at any time you wish to update your information then contact us. Please include your old and new contact information in any message so that we can make the appropriate corrections.
11. CONTACTING HOWSE IMPLEMENT
|Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|